To keep on trend with all the other marketing blogs and bloggers I keep tabs on I would also like to share some of what I’m looking forward to diving into in 2016.
- Email: There is so much potential in e-mail communication, and unfortunately there are so many ways to use this channel incorrectly. I want to keep exploring the various ways to best track and analyze e-mail communication. I want to know best practices when it comes to improving open & conversion rates as well as what kind of user experience works best in terms of layout.
- Content Marketing: Content marketing is another high potential area. The key however comes from ensuring that everyone is on the same page when it comes to creating a content strategy. I want to continually explore the best kinds of content that a B2B & B2C business can create as well as how often the content should be created and where it should be compiled and shared.
- Web: User experience is key, especially when it comes to mobile. I want to learn more about mobile web experiences and how to improve a user’s experience on a mobile device.
- SEO: SEO, as well as all other marketing areas, are ever changing. I want to continue to learn more about SEO as well as the brand new Penguin update.
- Video: Video is also ever changing, due to today’s technology. You no longer need fancy equipment to create quick videos that can be easily manipulated by non multimedia backgrounded marketing folk. However, what do people want more of? Informational videos? Quick video shorts? Interactive videos? The possibilities are endless!
And lastly…I would really like to look into monetizing this blog. It’s been nearly 6 years that I’ve been blogging and I think it’s time to put what I know to work for me personally and explore Google Ad Sense and Google Analytics for personal interest.
There are so many more things that I want to learn about and get exposed to but I wanted to be real and pick a few key areas that I want to grow in and explore.
What are you looking forward to learning about in 2016?