It’s been a doozie of a week but today is a two-a-day kind of day so read this blog post, but also check out today’s LinkedIn Pulse blog post about Client Management. And as an even more added bonus, I’ll be sharing my diy plans for this year’s Christmas in the Working Mom section of my blog. PHEW! Let’s begin.
So what do we know about SEO? Most people will say that it’s important. But some might not realize it’s not a set it and forget it kind of thing. You may need to explain that there is more to SEO than just website effectiveness and getting found on line.
SEO is about those two things but also about growing brand awareness, thought leadership and as Search Engine Land states:
“It is the process of getting traffic from the “free,” “organic,” “editorial” or “natural” search results on search engines.”
You have to think about at least the following 10 things when trying to run an effective SEO strategy:
- How is your website structured? Are things easy to find?
- How often are you updating the content on your site, either via a blog, or updating general information?
- Are your alt tags, video descriptions, meta descriptions, title tags, all that good stuff up to date and most importantly actually there?
- Where are you coming up in search results when plugging in some keywords?
- Are you working on improving, or maintaining, search results on an ongoing basis?
- Are you looking at social networks and forums to see what others are saying about you, and most importantly contributing to those conversations?
- Are you looking at relevant articles, blogs, etc. and commenting on those with a company profile to maintain relevance?
- Are you creating relevant and shareable content?
- Is your PR program in sync with your SEO program?
- Are you analyzing the results of your SEO efforts?
I know I am not an expert at all, I just like to know enough about things to be dangerous. So if you’re looking for an expert, or know that you can’t do all of the above and more on your own, then look to KoMarketing Associates in Boston who are excellent to work with.