I wrote down these tips while watching the Today show during their segment on job searches. They had someone from Google come in and talk about what he’s seen. As a side note…Google receives over 2M resumes per year!
Resumes & formatting:
1. Keep it simple – 10 point font & black & white, no colors: unless you’re an artist and the industry calls for flair
2. Be specific about your accomplishments – put some math & numbers in your resume: managed x$’s during x amount of time & ROI of…
1. Practice your answers – you can typically anticipate 90% of answers.
2. Know your flaws – be honest & talk about what you’ve done to improve on them.
1. Sharing confidential information.
Have you done the above?