I just wanted to share some quick things to keep in mind when you are planning a brand refresh/update.
Start with a Brand Analysis/Evaluation to understand where your brand stands in the eyes of your customers & distributors. From there, you can go in to the Brand Refresh. There are many things to keep in mind as your go through this whole process, such as:
- Specific markets you sell in to
- Different kinds of customers and their buying persona’s
- Buying times and how long the buying process takes
- What your product says about your brand!
Let’s dive in…here are some of the things you want to consider covering with your new brand guidelines.
- Defining who we are
- How we differentiate our brand(s)
- Brand consistency in messages and graphics
- Developing brand character with a clear voice
- Logo Placement & Positioning
- Brand Colors
- Correct & incorrect logo usage
- Correct & incorrect usage of imagery to depict products & solutions
- Business Cards
- Email Signatures
- PowerPoint Presentations
- Brochures & Catalogs
- Flyers & Sales Sheets
- Text Standards
Visual Design Guidelines
- Industrial Design Attributes
- Product Badges
- Color Specification
Future Brand Updates
- Tradeshow Applications
- Shirt Applications
Here are some samples of how some familiar brand logos have changed through the years.
Oh, and happy birthday to me 🙂