Lessons learned from…
1. Having and raising a baby is tough work.
2. Having to balance taking care of said baby/newborn while trying to work from home is not a good idea, you feel like an all around failure that can’t focus on any one thing for any amount of significant time.
3. Unless you have a husband who loves to clean, which I am lucky to have, your home will fall into complete disarray after having above mentioned baby, at least until the age until he or she is able to do something other than eat and sleep in your arms.
4. Each holiday is that much more exciting as you have a whole new way of experiencing it.
5. Talking is very important. Having a baby puts a lot of strain on everyone and if you don’t talk things out it can lead to built up anger, which is the last thing you want. Try and accept that one of you will take to taking care of the baby quicker and easier than the other. Divide and conquer my friends!
1. Having to balance taking care of said baby/newborn while trying to work from home is not a good idea, you feel like an all around failure that can’t focus on any one thing for any amount of significant time.
2. Things can change at the drop of a hat. Accept it.
3. Be flexible and adapt to new surroundings and processes.
4. If something is becoming an issue, nip it in the bud right away. Don’t allow it to become a habit.
5. Always strive to do more. Any job you are in is yours to improve and learn from. Always make sure to make the msot of it.
Happy New Year! What did you do today? Did you reflect on your life before the start of the new year?