Today I wanted to share some real tips from the seminar which focused on social media for business. Holly went over the “Big 5” of social media and although we all know about these mediums I think it’s important to share this information because often times we forget about the basics. Here goes…
1. LinkedIn: Used to build a network of professional colleagues and connections to build relationships that boost your success and reputation.
2. Twitter: Used to interact with others in 140-character posts in real time through sharing content, posing questions, responding to others, and learning from industry leaders and market representatives.
3. Facebook: The personal profile is used to connect with friends and family to share news, photos, and videos, and play games. The business page is used to build an online community surrounding your business where people can interact with you, make suggestions on products and services, and feel like they’re the “insiders” because you show them pictures, offer them special deals, and let them see behind the scenes.
4. Blogging: The business blog is used to establish credibility by sharing expertise with the intention of building readers and encouraging comments.
5. Video: Video is a quick, relatively simple, and cost-effective medium that doesn’t necessarily require expensive equipment or professional talent. Video can show, not tell, what you want your market to understand, often in an entertaining way that is more intriguing to consumers.
I hope these basics have helped refresh your memory about what medium should be used in which situation and lets all thank Rockhurst University for their great material.
Have a good weekend and what did you do today?