In honor of the 12 days of Christmas I am sharing my favorite 12 blogs with you:
1. The Long Hard Road to Employment. “16 months, 457 job applications, 93 rejections…”
2. SEO and How it Will Help Your Company. “…if you don’t optimize your site for certain keywords it my never get found. Being found is something that’s very important for a company, especially one that is starting out.”
3. Top 20 Interview Questions. ““Bare in mind that the interview starts from the minute you walk into the building until you leave and are out of sight. Don’t think that just because you have left the meeting room, you are “off the hook.” You need to maintain an image of confidence, enthusiasm, competence, reliability and professionalism throughout.”
4. The HIRE Act-Encouraging Employers to Hire the Unemployed! “The HIRE Act is aimed at providing hiring incentives to restore some of the jobs lost in the latest economic recession. The goal is to help put Americans back to work as soon as possible. Business owners that hire qualifying workers sooner rather than later will get the most out of the tax credits, as the tax credits diminish over time, disappearing completely by January 1, 2011.”
5. Fall Office Fashions. Nothing more I can say than…I love clothes.
6. Old School Interview Tips-Step 4: Interview Questions. “Yesterday I promised to share with you what I believe to be one of the hardest interview questions…”
7. Questions to Ask During an Interview. “…the interview should be a dialogue and not a monologue….”
9. Non-Compete Laws, the Ugly Part of Contract Work. “With the economy still in the dumps, those of us who are required to sign non-competes find ourselves in a pickle.”
10. How to Successfully Use Facebook for B2B Purposes. “Here are 5 tips for a successful Facebook page. Your company can’t succeed without these!”
11. Resume Gaps. “…although I am not an HR director, here are my tips for how to fill gaps in your resume…”
12.The Job Search as It Relates to Dating. “the job search is a lot like dating. And here is why…1. When you look for a potential person to date, you, nowadays, explore your options in clubs, bars and sometimes even on line…sounds a lot like, networking and looking on job boards…”
Merry Christmas and…what did you do today?