I ran the Inaugural 13.1 in Boston, which was a real doozie. There are not many times in your life when you can say that you were part of a “first ever” so I was glad that I ran the race, even though I was cursing myself about half way through.
I have also taken part in two runs with City Sports Boston run club and finally spent some time at Revere beach getting some sun!
All of this success in running and lack thereof in terms of finding a job is making me wonder if I should somehow make running a big part of my job search and focus on securing a place for myself in an apparel company. But…that’s easier said than done seeing as I have applied to such companies at least a dozen times…time will tell what my true calling is.
I wanted to round out this month with some free ways to spend your time outdoors around Boston.
* Did you know you could climb the Bunker Hill Monument for free?
* Visit Best Cellars on Boylston street for a free wine tasting.
* Get some culture during Museum of Fine Arts’ free days. There is one coming up at the end of July!
And don’t forget about some truly outdoor activities:
* Visit a park for free by getting a day pass at a participating library.
* Visit Honey Pot Hill Orchards when it opens up on the 13th of July.
* Join lululemon for a Zumba class at Legacy Place.
Have a wonderful day and…what did you do today?