To me, there’s nothing better than some grilled food on a warm day.
So…today I think is a good day to talk about positive things. Being unemployed is such a grueling and daunting process that you get humbled and sad on a pretty regular basis. I’m more of a fan of the days when you really feel like you’ve accomplished something, gone on a good interview, come across some great new openings to apply to, or even finished a book you’ve been meaning to get to. You should always remember to reward yourself after a job well done and try to focus on the positives.
Here is my little list of the “good” things about unemployment:
1. I have not needed to change the oil in my car since November! Before I had to do it once every month and a half.
2. I was able to expand my knowledge about marketing by taking Hubspot’s online courses.
3. After 11 years of living in the Boston area I finally had Patriot’s day “off” and was able to watch the Boston Marathon!
4. In the last six months or so I have read four different books. When I was working I couldn’t even finish one in a year.
5. I have time to help my friend watch her kids before the family moves to Latvia.
Don’t forget to look on the bright side of life. I’m going to go and reward myself with some chocolate because of you all! Yesterday was another big day, 75 readers logged on to read the blog. As always, thank you very much for your support!
Here are a couple of interesting articles and blogs you can read:
What did you do today?